PSHE Intent Statement
Our PSHE (Personal, Social, Health and Economic) curriculum is designed to assist our pupils in acquiring the knowledge, skills, and attributes they need to become healthy, independent, and responsible members of society. Our aim is to prepare our pupils to manage many of the most critical opportunities, challenges, and responsibilities they will face whilst growing up in rapidly changing and challenging times. It also helps them to connect and apply the knowledge they learn in all subjects to practical, real-life situations while helping them to feel safe and secure enough to fulfil their academic potential.
Through our PSHE curriculum we aim for our pupils to:
- Develop the confidence to share their own thoughts and opinions with others
- Develop the skills and attributes necessary to keep themselves healthy and safe
- Develop the attitude of a responsible, global citizen
- Show tolerance of others’ beliefs, religions, and life choices
- Build positive, respectful relationships with other people
In our programmes of study, we actively promote the British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect, and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs to prepare our students for life in Modern Day Britain.