What is the Sports Premium?
As a legacy following the success of the Olympics Games 2012, the Government continues to provide Sports Premium Funding to improve the provision of Physical Education and Sport in Primary Schools.
What is the purpose of this funding?
This funding is ring-fenced and must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- new or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs
How has Boston Pioneers Academy spent their funding?
Below you can see the reports detailing the initiatives and projects we have undertaken since this funding commenced and the impact and outcomes these have had for our pupils.